Friday, November 19, 2010

Lessons from meeting an above-par-looking friend

I had the fortunate opportunity to meet up with a long-time friend last night. Probably top 25 convos I've ever had. 


Here are some things I learned. Some things he said directly, but other things I realized as a result of our convo. I don't care if other people read this. I'm posting this so I don't forget.


-you never know who's watching so always give your 100% every single day

-sometimes God takes away things from you, even though they're good things, because He wants you to focus on Him

-think big picture.

-don't think abstract theoretical concepts. that's what ancient Greeks do. figure out where you want to be and do the PRACTICAL things needed to get there

-dalwhinnie is a fine stuff. I think it might join Jameson in my single-malt rotation.

-sometimes what you say isn't as important as what you don't say.

-if you disagree with someone about something, hope that one of you is right or both of you aren't getting anywhere

-a man in his late 20s needs accountability

-family is VERY important.

-your body is your temple. take good care of it.

-like what you like and like it a lot.

-there are no excuses in life. take care of your shit.



-sometimes you need to accumulate seemingly trivial things in order to gain the credibility to do greater things.


-you can learn a whole lot about people through facebook and xanga.


-it doesn't matter if you don't know anything about something. If you do enough research, you'll be able to succeed as if you knew everything about everything. 



Thanks again for everything, Bern. I ain't tagging you cuz I know you're gonna read this anyway. HAHAAH
And even though the other thing didnt work out, I appreciate everything that was said and will keep it all to heart.


Lastly, I'm going to apologize in advance for the major whooping I'm going to give you in the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment